Department of Education and Training Victoria
City of Greater Bendigo
Haven: Home, Safe. Sidney Myer Haven
Bendigo Sustainability Group
Bendigo Regional Food Alliance
Collaboration and Cooperation:
Sara has a passion for regenerative community development with particular focus on food, healthy people, healthy bio-diverse environments and outdoor learning.
She has developed and coordinated the delivery of initiatives and programs for a variety of clients within the government, not for profit and volunteer sectors. A key aspect of this work is the collaborative partnerships that are developed during the development and delivery of projects.
She has gained experience in sustainable and regenerative community engagement and development through collaboration to deliver:
- Extension of the Go&Grow Gardens enterprise, Collaborators: Feiss Furniture, Bendigo Regional Food Alliance, Bendigo Sustainability Group.
- Initiation and implementation of the Go&Grow Gardens enterprise building wicking garden boxes: Collaborators: Eaglehawk Recycle Shop, City of Greater Bendigo, Brian Hosking (Kitchen Garden specialist), Living Lightly Design, Eaglehawk Community House, ING (matching funds)
- Being a foundational member of Synergize Coworking Hub
- The assessment of the Ballarat Renewable Energy and Zero Emissions Group community engagement and communication processes. Collaborators: Patrice Braun et al Ballarat University, Local and State Government, Powercor and community representatives
- Being a foundation member of the Bendigo Sustainability Group
Her approach to work is systematic, inclusive and receptive. She also loves an opportunity for creativity, innovation and adventure.
Read more about Sara’s work history and experience here.
Pro Bono Contributions to Community Projects
Eaglehawk Community House garden and Eaglehawk Primary School: Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden.
Sara helped establish the kitchen garden at the Eaglehawk Community House and worked as garden coordinator for two years, she also regularly volunteered at the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen garden at Eaglehawk Primary School.
Bendigo Regional Food Alliance: Edible Oasis
Connect Sustainability has supported local community organisations by providing project management expertise, workshops and plants pro bono for community food growing initiatives. Bendigo Regional Food Alliance and Connect Sustainability delivered the Autumn Refresh workshop series for the Edible Oasis Project.